Fluves is a fast-growing provider of innovative sensing technology. We are a strong team of engineers, scientists and software developers eager to tackle environmental and technological challenges. Our solutions can be found in offshore wind farms, industrial plants and many global infrastructure projects. But above all, we cherish a warm company culture and a friendly and learning-based work environment. Become part of the success story and join our strong and innovative team.
Fluves provides end-to-end solutions to its clients including water monitoring solutions and tools tailored for water (environment) management & governance. We are looking for reinforcement from a project engineer for our water-related projects and products.
You will be involved as a project engineer in several water-bound project for the public sector. You will support our consultancy team in implementing solutions for software development kits.
Your tasks include:
- Analyze and interpret results from model and data pipelines.
- Implement new features in existing solutions (i.e. python packages).
- Inspect content-related and technical improvements for water quality/quantity models and software packages.
- Support maintenance and operations of applications.
- Work in close collaboration with business unit ‘hydro’ and IT to tailor solutions to the client’s need.
- Communicate and present results to team members and clients.
- You have a bachelor IT/ master’s degree in Bioscience Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- You have knowledge in either hydrology, water quality and/or groundwater modelling.
- Experience in data-science in Python (or R) (high-level). Knowledge in one of following packages is considered as a plus: rasterio, pandas, geopandas, xarray, sklearn, matplotlib. Knowledge in jupyter is considered a plus.
- You have experience with GIS-processing (ArcGIS / QGIS) and a strong interest in automating GIS-processes (via for example GDAL, SAGA-GIS).
- Experience in database management with SQL (through for instance PostgreSQL and Pgadmin) is considered as a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English with strong communication skills: you are able to clearly communicate progress and potential issues to team members and clients.
- Eager to work in team on open-source packages (i.e. issue / pr management). You have a strong interest in learning the ins and outs of software development kits / packages (by using conda, markdown, reStructuredText or Sphinx).
- Ideally, you have experience in code versioning (git via BitBucket, GitHub or Gitea) and an interest in learning CI/CO (e.g. Drone CI / GitHub actions).
We offer a full-time contract with multiple benefits. Besides offering you an exciting & challenging function and a competitive salary, we are offering you the opportunity to become part of the core team of our young and ambitious company. We also have many after-work drinks and great team activities.
Interested? Let us know on Marlies@fluves.com. We’ll contact you soon!
Position is available in our Ghent office, Belgium.